If you want to delete old drivers to save some space, use the built-in Disk Cleanup tool, which offers an option to delete old drivers. For instructions, refer to our how to delete old drivers in Windows 10/11 guide. Windows 10/11 includes hundreds of generic drivers for most common devices such as sound cards, graphics cards, and printers. At times, you might need to install a third-party or OEM driver for a device to unlock all its features. You will now be presented with two options, either to let Windows search for the best available driver or to browse and install one manually. Since we have already downloaded the driver, select the second option, i.e., ‘Browse my computer for drivers’.
- Having a given drive stat with a value that is greater than zero may mean nothing at the moment.
- Some will even check for updates automatically and download and install them for you, much like Windows Update.
- The other reason, of course, is if you want to get the most out of the device, and the only way to get the latest features is to install the most up-to-date driver.
- You should visit the website of the notebook manufacturer to download the latest driver.
- SMART, whose full name is Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology, can automatically monitor the status of the hard disk and give warnings if there is something wrong with the hard disk.
Most devices will work out of the box, as soon as you attach them to your computer. This plug-and-play functionality makes it very convenient to add peripherals. If you’ve attached a peripheral like a webcam or a printer to your computer, you might have noticed that it installed a driver. In the days of removable media, the computer might have even asked you to insert the CD or floppy disk containing its drivers.
Location of drivers in Windows 10/11
System Restore reverts your computer’s state (including computer files, installed applications, Windows Registry, and computer settings) to a previous point in time. If you do not experience the issue after restarting the computer, the external device may be the cause of the problem. You must contact the device manufacturer for additional support. In Windows 7, click the Start button and type Disk Defragmenter to run this utility. Then, choose the target drive and click the Defragment disk option. MiniTool programs enable you to create a ghost image or clone hard drive to protect your PC.
- If you’re not too familiar with the digital space and want a smooth driver-updating experience, check for a user-friendly interface and an automatic scanner to detect missing drivers.
- The software and the hardware were created by different people or companies and speak two completely different languages, so a translator (the driver) allows them to communicate.
- This error is annoying because even if you restart your machine, nothing is better update Thales Drivers Windows 11.
- Installing the audio drivers can typically fix audio or sound playback and recording-related issues.
Serve as a free driver update tool, Driver Easy used by millions of users. In this article, we will provide info about how to use a driver easy.
Windows USB Mouse Not Detected
Below are the other praiseworthy features of this tool that make it one of the best software to update drivers. It is important to keep your drivers up to date, as outdated drivers can lead to stability issues, decreased performance, and even security vulnerabilities. Avast Driver Updater automatically updates and fixes your device drivers to ensure they are always supported and up to date. The program scans your devices and looks for any outdated or missing drivers. If it finds any, it will then download and install the latest versions for you. After sifting through dozens of software products, I have compiled a list of the top 6 driver update software options that offer impressive features and reliable performance.